Cultural heritage Promotion and Sport
Some parts of the culture are easily forgotten through generations. Youth are not actively participated in various sport fields
To preserve and promote cultural heritage and sport among the young people in Gambella Regional State
- Organizes young people to participate in cultural symposiums
- Organizes social events to practice cultural dance among young people
- Organizes various sports clubs among the young people in the target woredas
- Organizes sports competition for various groups in Gambella Regional State and its Woredas
- Organize 12 events on cultural heritages and symposium.
- Organizes 12 sports clubs in the target Woredas within three years.
- Conducts high leadership sanitization Workshop one a year in three years
- People with Disability and OVC Program
- There are many disable people and OVC in the area looking for support.
- No support has been provided yet in awareness creation and material needs to those disabled and OVC.
- To inclusively support people living with disability and Orphan Vulnerable Children in Gambella Regional State.
- Conduct a further assessment to identify people with disabilities and OVC in Gambella Regional State.
- Prepares projects about disability and OVC in Gambella Regional State.
- Organizes Workshop to 300 disabled people in the target areas
- Conduct a high leadership sensitization workshop to 200 people in Gambella
- Procures wheelchairs and tools for disabled people
- Supports 600 OVC with education materials and others within three years period
- Community Cohesion Activity
- Common problems of basic issues to all people are
- Distribution of resources and competition over limited resources among the neighboring people
- Issue of identity rights,
- Differentiation of what is rights, fair and just
- Some causes were related to adultery, divorces, homicide and the sharing of natural resources
- By supporting Government initiative on Community cohesion activity to increase mutual understandings and enhance the capacity of the target communities to develop a culture of tolerance and enable the entire Nuer community to live in harmony with one another.
- ENDA creates a strong linkage with the Regional and Woreda Administration to involve only critical issues as the organization is community-based.
- ENDA signs a memorandum of understanding with the Regional Administration to further demarcate the involvement.
- ENDA will intensively focus on minor issues that bring disputes and disagreement among the people.
- ENDA continues to use religious and respected community leaders to solve specific disputes through traditional resolution mechanisms.
- Organizes and Conduct Workshop on Traditional disagreement resolution mechanisms to 300 people in Nuer Zone including traditional chiefs and elders.
- Supports research basis on traditional resolution mechanisms.
- Supports inter-community dialogues within the Kebeles to discuss on how they solve their problems.
- Supports conferences initiated by the government in collaboration with the Nuer Development Association and Religious leaders.
- Supports inter- youth dialogues and sport an activity that aims to bring unity among the young people.